Are you considering wisdom teeth removal for yourself or your child?
Around the age of 18 it is time to start thinking about this and something that we approach with our patients. This is a great time as there can be clinical advantages and most parental insurance is still in place.
Here are 10 common reasons to consider a wisdom tooth consultation at Care Dental for yourself or for your child.
10. There is limited space for wisdom teeth to erupt and because the surrounding gums are difficult to keep clean, infection and inflammation are therefore common even when there are no apparent symptoms.
9. Even when wisdom teeth erupt through the gum tissues, they rarely provide any meaningful function and are always difficult to keep clean.
8. Wisdom teeth have high risk of getting cavities on them because they are very hard to clean while brushing and flossing.
7. Often, children are no longer eligible to be on a parent’s dental insurance after the age of 21. Approaching wisdom teeth extraction prior to this can save significant out of pocket expense if a covered benefit on an active plan.
6. With age, the chance for complications related to the removal of wisdom teeth increases.
5. Gum Disease and inflammation associated with wisdom teeth may lead to receding gum tissues, deterioration of the jawbone and tooth loss.
4. Wisdom teeth may contribute to crowding of nearby teeth.
3. Even wisdom teeth that seem to be problem-free remain a source of oral infection and inflammation. Research supports the concept that such inflammation may enter the bloodstream and contribute to the development and/or progression of a variety of diseases, including diabetes, cardiovascular disease and stroke.
2. Once it has been determined that a wisdom tooth will not successfully erupt into your mouth and be maintained in a healthy state, early extraction of wisdom teeth is associated with faster and easier recovery.
1. Peace of mind!
We are open late, 7-days a week and have oodles of free parking right out front of our modern and spa-inspired practice. Care Dental in Kelowna is proud to be the first in a dental setting to use the Canadian Standards Agency’s Health Care Facility Guide for Airborne Infection Control HVAC. This means that we control the air in the practice, containing and removing any aerosolized particles or pathogens. We Care about the air you breathe. Care Dental always follows the BC Dental Association Fee Guide and offers several different payment options, including direct billing to your insurance company or payment plans.
Please call us at 778-484-2256 or visit us at www.caredental.ca
Care Dental, the dentist that we hope you’ll look forward to safely visiting.
#WhosYourDentist? Dr. Dan Kobi, General Dentist & Principal Dentist
Dr. Chad Fletcher, General Dentist
Dr. Justin Abbot, General Dentist
Dr. Dionysius David, General Dentist
Dr. Danny Zare, General Dentist
Dr. Jack Gordon, General Dentist