Wisdom teeth extractions are a routine procedure at Care Dental, and we want to address any concerns you may have. We understand that the idea of removing wisdom teeth can be daunting, but we assure you that we have the expertise to make the process as comfortable as possible. Typically, the ideal time for wisdom teeth removal is before you turn 21, as the procedure is less complex, and it’s often when you’re still covered by your parents’ insurance plans.
Wisdom teeth, also known as third molars, often require removal due to various potential issues that can arise as they emerge. However, there are circumstances where it may be acceptable to leave them in place. Here’s an overview:
- Impaction: Wisdom teeth often don’t have enough space to emerge properly. This can lead to impaction, where the teeth are unable to grow in fully or in the right position. Impacted wisdom teeth can cause pain, infection, and damage to neighboring teeth.
- Overcrowding: The emergence of wisdom teeth can lead to overcrowding in the mouth, which can affect the alignment of your existing teeth and create bite problems.
- Infection and Gum Disease: Wisdom teeth are located at the back of the mouth, making them harder to clean. This can lead to an increased risk of infection, gum disease, and cavities in these areas.
- Pain and Discomfort: Wisdom teeth can cause significant pain and discomfort, especially when they become impacted or cause pressure on surrounding tissues.
When It’s Okay to Leave Wisdom Teeth In
- Proper Eruption: If your wisdom teeth emerge fully and in the correct position, and they do not cause pain or dental issues, it may be acceptable to leave them in.
- Healthy Gums: Wisdom teeth that can be properly cleaned and do not lead to gum problems or infections may not require removal.
- Space and Alignment: If your mouth has enough space to accommodate wisdom teeth without causing overcrowding or misalignment issues, it may be reasonable to keep them.
The decision to remove or keep wisdom teeth should be made in consultation with your dentist. They will evaluate your specific situation, taking into account factors such as the angle of eruption, the potential for future issues, and your overall oral health. It’s essential to follow your dentist’s recommendations to maintain the health and comfort of your smile.
Mitigating Dental Anxiety
Dealing with dental anxiety is a common concern when it comes to wisdom teeth extractions. Our experienced team is well-equipped to help ease any apprehensions. We offer various sedation options, such as nitrous oxide (laughing gas), or oral sedation, ensuring your experience is stress-free and painless.
Affordable and Convenient Care
We believe that dental care should be accessible, which is why we offer Lendcare financing options to help you manage the cost of wisdom teeth removal. Wisdom teeth extractions are generally considered a basic component of most dental insurance plans, and we’re here to assist with filing insurance claims on your behalf. Also, at Care Dental we offer the convenience of direct billing and work with most insurance plans so that you don’t have to pay up front and wait.
In-House Expertise for Surgical Extractions
At Care Dental, we handle all but the most complex surgical wisdom teeth extractions in-house. This not only streamlines the process but also enhances your convenience. Our goal is to provide efficient and effective care for all your dental needs, including wisdom teeth removal.
Enhanced Healing with PRF
To facilitate faster healing and optimal recovery after wisdom teeth extractions, we offer Platelet-Rich Fibrin (PRF) treatment. This method leverages your body’s natural growth factors to accelerate the healing process, further ensuring your comfort and overall well-being throughout the extraction procedure.